The Carrot

I need that carrot hanging on the stick out in front of me. Where is it? Did it really disappear?

No, the carrot did not disappear. It has been dangling way too far away, though.

With that being said, I have two big carrots hanging out in front of me.  The first is a triathlon at the beginning of October. Having broken my wrist just a month before the UNC Wellness Super Sprint Triathlon I felt like all was lost. The carrot disappeared. WRONG, Brian!

This is what I see from my chair at my desk...


So, I have set my sight on an extremely difficult (because it is HOPEFULLY only a few weeks after getting my cast off my wrist), but as many people have told me including The Wife, doable goal of participating in my first triathlon. On October 4 the Tri at the Trump starts at 8 a.m. This race is much different than the one The Wife did for her first triathlon. It is an open water swim. That means that for 750 meters I would be swimming in a lake. This makes me quite nervous. Since I just began swimming in a pool a few weeks before the broken wrist, this will be a challenge. I may need to doggie paddle, breast stroke, float or just barely keep my head above water. The thing is, I am not looking to win or place or even be in the top of my group. I would want to finish. I could be the last person that the awards ceremony is waiting for to start, but I wouldn't care.


Long-term carrot...as I have said before, IRONMAN 70.3 Raleigh. It now has a date of June 4, 2017. That is well within my goal date of my birthday a little later in the month. But, I cannot concentrate on that too much right now.


There will be mini-carrots along the way. Some 5Ks, 10Ks, half-marathons, a marathon (?), other types of triathlons and such. Of course, there will also be MANY, MANY, MANY training swims, rides and runs.

I have a great support team behind me that is lead by The Wife. When she says that I can do it (if I set my mind to it and train), I know I can do it!

-------------------------------------------------

If you could help, no amount is too small, please visit: Go Fund Me.

Comments