Hello Kitty has her say about life

Hey, everyone! This is Hello Kitty #tri_ingwithHK writing this blog post. Brian #tri_ingby50 has been kind of off his game, so I took over. Shh, don't tell him!

First of all, we have a new Facebook page, www.facebook.com/triingby50/. This now makes us "legitimate"! :)

I have been busy the past few weeks now that Brian has gotten the #gotyourbak Camelbak Rogue to carry me.
I always have my solu-cortef Act-O-Vial with me. 
What have I been up to since the beginning of November? Follow along.

Brian and Merrill ran in the Charlotte Marathon/Half Marathon.
Thankfully, they didn't run looking like this!
Merrill was a beast and ran the marathon. It was her second and Brian and I are so proud of her.
You can sort of see me in the
middle of the picture with Merrill.
Brian ran with me for the first time. He was an awesome partner by keeping me safe and secure. When there were cameras or children around he would turn around and run backwards. I even got to high-five with some of the children. I do wish people would stop saying I am a backpack. In the last couple of miles we walked with a very nice lady to the finish line. She asked why Brian is carrying me. He told her about our Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) and that we are raising awareness and funds for the CAH Clinic at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
Proof I ran a half-marathon.
We are done.
I didn't care for the Gatorade Brian let me have a sip of.
We have been doing training and enjoying it. Unfortunately, I have not been into the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center. I think Brian is a little embarrassed to do that. He will eventually become relaxed and bring me in to watch him swim.
THIS WAS FUN!
Cookie (our dog) joined us for a walk.
The third Thursday of November in the United States is when we celebrate our day of giving thanks for everything we have, Thanksgiving Day. Merrill and Brian ran a fun, community 4-mile race. It was called the Turkey Trot at Millbridge. Merrill got excited because I could celebrate the holiday. Just look at the picture below:
Gobble, Gobble
Merrill and Brian (The front of my Camelbak)
Once Thanksgiving was over, the family started thinking about preparing for Christmas. This began with the Christmas Town 5K in McAdenville, NC. The 5K runs through the city which is all decorated with the Christmas lights and decorations. I got a little nervous because I have never run in the dark of night. Brian and Merrill took wonderful care of me.
Brian and Merrill with the pretty lights behind them.
I have my Christmas spirit!
The Christmas celebration continued with the Gingersnap 5K in Waxhaw, NC. This race included the Girls on the Run program. It is a fantastic program that teaches girls to be themselves and they practice towards running a 5K. For some of the girls it is their first time running this far, let alone in a race. I really enjoyed seeing all the girls, their families and the coaches. I even saw a mother and some girls who had run in the Turkey Trot at Millbridge. They said, "Hi!" Actually, the girls kept saying they had to get ahead of the Turkey Man! I got daring and took some pictures with characters/mascots.
Brian wore his Wear Blue Run to Remember shirt that
he got at the 2015 Marine Corps Marathon.
I finish my guest blogging with a picture of some of the bravest people, firefighters. These brave first responders ride Engine 182 from the Waxhaw Fire & Rescue Department. They made sure everyone stayed safe during the Gingersnap 5K.

-------------------------------------------------

If you could help, no amount is too small, please visit: Go Fund Me.

Comments