When the words are lacking

Planning and preparation for a marathon!

Everything is good. Training for my two, yes TWO, marathons is going along quite well. I have had two fun events so far in 2019 with two more in the next few weeks.

So, what's the problem? Why have I not posted in the blog since September? Nothing major. I just have not felt the words in my mind that can then go onto paper. Well, not really paper, because there is no paper involved with this blog unless you print it out. So, let me rephrase that...I have not had the words to go from my mind, into my fingers which then type them out into the computer. That was extremely wordy! There have been attempts at writing blogs, three to be exact, but nothing completed. UNTIL NOW!

Early 2019 recap...

New Years at midnight: Running of the Lights at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons, NC. This was our fifth year to do it. The temperature at midnight was 65F.

Last weekend (Jan. 5): Salem Lake Frosty 50K Relay. This was my first ultra distance relay. There were four of us, team name Clearly Alive Taper Tribe and we finished! Last year, Merrill ran the 25K on her own. It was 15F. This year...65F. It was a beautiful day and run.

Coming up is Hot Chocolate 15K on Jan. 19 and Charlotte 10 Miler on Feb. 2.

Training for the BHM 26.2 marathon in April is progressing.


In the meantime, Merrill and I signed up to do the Richmond Marathon in November. She raved about it so much that I wanted to do it in 2019.

Those are the firm plans for 2019. There are plenty of other events that we might do, but that's about it for now.

It's amazing what Tri-ing By 50 has been doing in the world. I truly mean The World.

In December, I received a message from a Warrior parent outside the United States that thanked me for what I am doing. That truly boosts my mood and helps me tor realize that what I am doing does have an impact. Sometimes, I feel like I am not having an impact. Those messages do help. Thank you!

A second moment was running the Frosty 50K. One of my team members is a fellow AI Warrior, Amber Nicole of another blog, Clearly Alive Art. This was exciting to talk about it and strategize. That person is where I was a few years, trying to find the balance of when to take our meds before, during and after a long run. There never is a perfect balance. I still experiment each long run and race.

Life is great! Keep that in mind and have a great 2019! I know I will having a great year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have plans for other race events I would like to do in 2019. To help me spread the Tri-ing by 50 message, please visit and share my Go Fund Me page. Unfortunately, the funds needed to carry out what I do and want to do are more than I can handle personally.

Thank you!

Comments