Bib #1780


It is OFFICIAL! This is who I will be on September 24, 2017 for IRONMAN 70.3 Augusta...#1780. One month from today, I will enter the water of the Savannah River in Augusta, Georgia and swim downstream to the first transition area. Then get on my bike and finally run. It's that simple.

Simple is not really what it is, but I like to oversimplify at times. This is one of those times. In the past few days I have had a feeling that I also felt in 2015, one month before Marine Corps Marathon. It's a "sick" to the stomach feeling. Nerves, anxiety and questioning are running through my body and mind.

One month left to train and get ready. One month to drive Merrill crazy with all my talk about the race and what I read about it and how I am doing. Bless wives and significant others during this time. Thankfully, I know what it like because we both went through it in 2015 and also for her other marathons.

I keep having the reminders of why I am doing this, beyond for myself. I am doing it for the Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia/Adrenal Insufficiency Warriors and their families. I am doing it for the CAH Clinic at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a link to my GoFundMe: gofundme.com/help-triing-by-50-spread-the-word

Comments