Confidence! Commitment! Goals!


2018 is a year that has many wonderful things that are/will be happening.

First of all, as the title of this blog says, Confidence is foremost. It has been a couple of years since I have started the year confident. Tri-ing By 50 is getting socially involved and also, as always, running and triathloning (is that a word?).

Hope Building, Advocating and Awareness Building:

-I have been named to the Board of Trustees for the CARES Foundation. This is a tremendous honor.  CARES Foundation is a nonprofit organization committed to improving the lives of families and individuals affected by Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH).
-In mid-July, Hello Kitty and I will be traveling to the Chicago area to speak at the MAGIC Foundation's 24th Annual Convention. If you have interest in attending this convention, the information will be coming soon. The MAGIC Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization created to provide support services for the families of children afflicted with a wide variety of chronic and/or critical disorders, syndromes and diseases that affect a child's growth.
-In August, I am planning on attending Camp Cortisol for the second year. This was such fun to go to last year and such a great opportunity to meet families of CAH/AI Warriors

There may be other opportunities that come along as the year progresses.

Racing:
Those are Cookie Monster pajama pants Merrill is wearing!
-The year began the same as it has for the previous three years at the Running of the Lights! It is a fun 5.5K "run" through the lights at Tanglewood Park.

-On Saturday, March 18, Merrill and I will be running in the Tobacco Road Marathon in Cary, NC. This will be my second marathon and we are deep in training.

-May 19 will bring my second attempt at a 70.3 triathlon. This time it will not be an IRONMAN branded event. It is the Mountains to Main Street 70.3 Triathlon in Greenville, SC. This is a locally produced event and sounds like a good race. The best part is that a half-marathon is part of the race festival and Merrill is going to be doing that. Here's to hoping she gets to see me cross the finish line!

There will be many other running races interspersed throughout the year, but these are the biggies. I have some ideas about other triathlons I'd like to do and hopefully finish off the season with a nice race.

One race that I would like to participate in some year is the Nautica Malibu Triathlon. The charity for this race is Children's Hospital Los Angeles, specifically the area of cancer. It would be fun to "crash" this race and represent the CHLA Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Comprehensive Care Clinic. (Anyone want to help get me there?!?!)

There are many things that I am in need of on my journey. One thing that I would really like/need is a logo. Tri-ing By 50 and everything that it encompasses needs a logo.

Eventually, I will have a website that incorporates my information, events, fundraising and the blog!

Thanks for being along on this journey. My, oh my, this has been a journey!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To help me through this journey, please visit: gofundme.com/help-triing-by-50-spread-the-word. Any help is appreciated.

Comments