June, It's My 50th Birthday Month...and the AARP card came!

It came in the mail last week. The sure sign of approaching that magical membership age. What am I talking about? This:
The AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) invitation!

This June, I will be celebrating my 50th birthday. 50-years ago on June 17th I was born. About 14-days later I was not thriving and my parents were worried. Then a doctor at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) saved my life by diagnosing me with Salt-Wasting Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. 48-years later in 2016, Tri-ing By 50 was created. Now, I am writing about life with CAH and that things that seemed impossible don't have to be.

During June, which amazingly is also CAH Awareness Month, I will be doing two things to help celebrate this momentous month.


First, I am dedicating the month to raising funds for the CARES Foundation Comprehensive Care Center for Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia at CHLA (CAH Clinic), which is housed in the Center for Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. To learn more, please follow this link: http://connect.chla.org/goto/tri-ingby50.



Secondly, I will doing a triathlon blitz! From June 2-23, on Saturdays, I will be participating in four sprint triathlons:

June 2  - Badin Lake Triathlon
June 9 - Tri Latta
June 16 - Three Little Pigs Triathlon
June 23 - Tri the Swamp Rabbit

I am looking forward to doing this blitz! Merrill will be joining me at the Three Little Pigs. It will be the first one we will have done together. Plus, it is my birthday weekend.

Stay tuned throughout the month for what is going on with Tri-ing By 50!

Thank you for being on this crazy ride with me. Shoot me a message, so I know where people are that read the blog. It will be fun to learn this information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always, you can help me personally by visiting my Go Fund Me page. I am going to donate 20% of all funds back to the CHLA CAH Clinic!


Comments