Chenille, a busted butt and the Richmond Marathon


Meet Chenille, The Troll! She rides on my shoulder every long run I do.

But wait?!?! Where's Hello Kitty???? She is still around. It became very difficult to carry her strapped to my Camelbak. When I was getting low on my INFINIT Nutrition, Hello Kitty became very loose and started slipping.

How did Chenille come to be? Welllll, I enjoy the Trolls movies. I am not ashamed to say that. The Wife started giving mystery packs of Trolls figures. Right before BHM 26.2 marathon, Merrill gave me this wonderful little Troll. She is meant to be worn on the wrist, but I jokingly attached her to my hydration pack. Chenille has been there since then.

The busted butt, say what? Unfortunately, The Wife fell down our short set of stairs (4 steps) and landed on her "Bum Bum". That caused a bruised tail bone and a bruised Bum Bum. Fora while it looked like she wasn't going to be able to do the our next marathon. She is definitely going to give it a try. If she has to, she will join the party with the back of the pack club!

Next marathon? You haven't talked much about that Brian. I know you have the London Marathon in 2020. Is there a different one coming up?

Yes, next week, on Saturday, Nov. 16, the Richmond Marathon is happening and I will be there. This will be my fourth marathon, but hoping for my third finish! The Wife did it last year and enjoyed so much she said I needed to do it. I am really excited bout this race. It is flat...unlike Charlotte. I am hoping this will give me the chance to get one of my time goals. The crowd is amazing. I know that because last year the middle child and I drove around Richmond to a few stops to cheer Merrill on. Those areas were packed with people. Merrill said much of the course was like that. My only fear...the finish! It is like a 45 degree hill for about a 1/10 of a mile right to the finish line. That can be good for time, but REALLLLLLLLY bad if you fall down.

If you would like to follow along, the Richmond Marathon results page has a feature to get real-time updates. Click here for that.

Feel free to send me messages of encouragement! Those really do help.

I now have two fundraising pages. My GoFundMe page is to help with all London Marathon expenses. The JustGiving page is specifically to donate to St. John Ambulance, the charity that I am running for at the marathon and that has generously allowed me to get an entry into the London Marathon.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide. Share the links with anyone you know that may want to help.

It is a blessing to have all of you who follow the adventures of the Adrenal Insufficient Warrior Athlete!

Comments

  1. love the splash of color Chenille brings to the Adrenal Warrior look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment