One week later and 5 months to go


It has been one week since finishing the 2019 Richmond Marathon. That means...in 5 months I will be running around the streets of London for Team St. John Ambulance #TeamSJA in the London Marathon.

This past week has been a pretty lazy one. I haven't run at all. After the marathon, I needed to rest the body. The Wife and I have taken the dog out for a walk almost every night. This saves the sanity of everyone in the family.


On Wednesday, I got to go out with the youngest daughter for our weekly Wednesday night dinner. We went to a Charlotte classic hamburger place, Zack's Hamburgers! Must say it was a delicious bacon-cheeseburger.


On Thursday, it was an opportunity to see the oldest perform with her college choir at Wingate University!

On Friday, we found out the middle child got a part in her high school's production of the musical Rent!

I figured that today I would be heading down to be with my Dad and his wife near the town of Dahlonega, Georgia. Plans changed and I am staying at home for at least the next week. It means spending Thanksgiving with the Charlotte family!

It was a rainy, chilly day. Quite miserable. We spent the morning on the couch with our finisher's blanket and the movie Brittany Runs a Marathon. It was really good, but about much more than running a marathon. I recommend watching it if you get the chance.


The next week will be a two-day work week and then six-days of no work. I will need to start back to running. Just a few miles to start back with and then gradual increase. Hopefully, this training round I will be able to get to a 20-mile training run right before the race.

I have two fundraising pages. My GoFundMe page is to help with all London Marathon expenses. The JustGiving page is specifically to donate to St. John Ambulance, the charity that I am running for at the marathon and that has generously allowed me to get an entry into the London Marathon.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide. Share the links with anyone you know that may want to help.

It is a blessing to have all of you who follow the adventures of the Adrenal Insufficient Warrior Athlete!

Comments