"Brainstorming leads to amazing things. Together we can change the world!"


It takes unfortunate circumstances for people to realize that changes need to be made. The plan for  me was to leave on Thanksgiving morning to drive down to North Georgia to help my Dad and his wife. She had broken her hip and had surgery in the middle of November.

As we all know, plans get rearranged. I got the call that my Dad was being rushed to the hospital with a very severe respiratory infection. This is an 82-year old asthmatic. So, at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 27, I rushed off to drive the 4+ hours. He checked out on Friday and we are progressing.

His wife is making strides in her recovery. Having broken my ankle, I know how limiting this type of thing can be in daily life. It is going to be a rather long road to full recovery.

We are hoping that they will make the move from where they are up to Charlotte where they have family and friends.

So, the title "Brainstorming leads to amazing things. Together we can change the world!"

Everything that has happened has gotten me thinking/brainstorming and hoping to do amazing things. And through that change the world.

Dream situation: have the full-time opportunity to travel around to races (hopefully worldwide), promoting Adrenal Insufficiency and meeting fellow Warriors to emphasize that there should be no limitations to living life. It most definitely takes working with your doctors (endocrinologists first and foremost, but also primary care doctors, also), planning and preparation, and exploring the adventures.

There are many endos that need to hear the message, also. I would meet with them in one-on-one situations, at conferences or in medical group meetings. I truly believe that there are no endos out there that don't want to know more about AI, but that they are not aware of what it means.

Hopefully, when I make it to London for the marathon in April I have the opportunity to meet with Professor Hindmarsh and learn about his work. The below statement was posted on Facebook from a parent of a fellow Warrior:

"I’m hoping that one day all of Professor Hindmarsh’s research will lead to pump therapy for cortisol replacement in the USA.

Evan wants a pump so bad, taking pills 4-5 times a day is hard, waking a 10 y/o up every night at midnight to give him his medicine is also hard. Maybe by the time he’s an adult pumps will be available to treat adrenal insufficiency."

How do I do this? I do not really know. I have mentioned before that it has been said to me that creating a non-profit would be a start. If anyone has experience with this, please let me know and give some suggestions. If anyone could help, that would be fantastic.

Dreams are big and dreaming big is huge!

Or, as the mother from above told me...
"Brainstorming leads to amazing things. Together we can change the world!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have two fundraising pages. My GoFundMe page is to help with all London Marathon expenses. The JustGiving page is specifically to donate to St. John Ambulance, the charity that I am running for at the marathon and that has generously allowed me to get an entry into the London Marathon.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide. Share the links with anyone you know that may want to help.

It is a blessing to have all of you who follow the adventures of the Adrenal Insufficient Warrior Athlete!



Comments