60 Days, Less Than 10 Weekends...The 40th Race


The 60 day countdown is on. That means less than 10 weekends before I slip on my shoes and run around London.

There is an extra special twist to this year's London Marathon. It is the 40th running of the race...The 40th Race! I guess I am the person who runs the 40th anniversary of marathons. Explain Brian, you say?

Ok, well...if you remember wayyyyy back in 2015 (LOL It is way back for me) I ran my first marathon, the Marine Corps Marathon. That was the 40th anniversary for the marathon.

I guess I should start looking for marathons that will celebrate that landmark and register for them. Maybe it could take me worldwide! I am not sure The Wife will agree to that.

Here is an exciting video that highlights the 40th London Marathon:
https://youtu.be/VGBANm2xlhsf

What has been going on with me as the time gets closer? The Wife and I have run two races the past two weekends. It is always fun when we do that. I may have beat her at the Charlotte 10-Miler. That hasn't happened in a long time. She will say it was because she had been sick. Then she beat me at the Hot Chocolate 15K. It's all fun!

Charlotte 10-Miler 2/15/2020

Hot Chocolate 15K Charlotte 2/22/2020
There are couple of other things happening that are exciting:

First, I will be interviewed by a local news station about my journey with Adrenal Insufficiency and getting to the London Marathon. Yay!

The other thing is this blank shirt! I am hoping that it won't be blank by the time the London Marathon comes along. I would like to have fellow Adrenal Insufficient Warriors names (adults and children) on the back of it. After I finish the marathon, I will wear this short to show everyone that I was not alone on this journey. $5 is what it takes to get your name on the shirt! Please, join me! See the links below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have two fundraising pages. My GoFundMe page is to help with all London Marathon expenses. The JustGiving page is specifically to donate to St. John Ambulance, the charity that I am running for at the marathon and that has generously allowed me to get an entry into the London Marathon.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide. Share the links with anyone you know that may want to help.

It is a blessing to have all of you who follow the adventures of the Adrenal Insufficient Warrior Athlete!

Comments