The UNKNOWN can be good

What's known is known! What's unknown, well...

This word appeared at the exit to our townhome complex a few weeks ago.  Merrill told me about it, but I had no clue it was as big as it is.  I laughed because this could mean so many things to so many people. It makes me nervous if a utility company doesn't know what is underground. I joked with a local brewery, Unknown Brewing Company, about moving into our area. Unfortunately, they are not doing that.

In my life there is so much that is unknown. That is not a bad thing. It's just that the time of the year is when races and events are slowly coming to an end. What race should Merrill and I do next? What is actually available? Those are the unknowns for us right now.

With my first triathlon done, I need to turn my thoughts towards getting ready for next year. I had two people (Thanks, Chris and Travis!) reach out to me to say that I am out of my mind! what I am doing is hard, especially for someone with so little experience as I have, but if I set myself in the right mind and get training it can be done. Since I have a decent base in running (it does need to be improved, though), I need to focus on swimming (YES, most definitely!) and seat time on the bike. With the membership to the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center, I need to make sure I get there during this off season to swim. For the bike, I need to get out on my bike and ride. I need to find areas I can ride the streets safely. I have asked the aquatic center to get new spin cycles as this would easiest to get the seat time in. They have said they are looking at what they can do.

Something I need to try to do is get signed up for IRONMAN 70.3 Raleigh. I know that I plan to do the event, but I need to know I AM signed up to DO the event. It will give me the incentive that I AM SIGNED UP. This is how I got through Marine Corps Marathon training. There was no turning back from doing it. We were going to Washington, D.C. and I needed to keep pushing. That is what will help me for IRONMAN. Now, how do I come up with the money?????

The final unknown right now is my trip to California for the Endocrine/Adrenal Family Camp Weekend at Painted Turtle Camp. Nerves have begun to set in about traveling. I want to make sure the teenagers I am going to speak to understand that I went through exactly what they are going through. Something I have realized is that I have never met someone else with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. I haven't even known someone who knows someone with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. I will be at a camp full of others with it. This will be good for me to get to know others with it. Again, thank you Dr. Mitchell Geffner and Dr. Mimi Ho for this incredible opportunity.

Someone told me the other night, "Brian, you may have found your ministry." It makes me wonder.

That's a little bit about the unknown. I still kind of wish Unknown Brewing was coming to my area. I guess they already do...at the grocery store.
I need to get to training
however I can!
This is how I roll when I don't have the chance to drive Merrill's van. Both back seats go down in my Scion tC, I take off the front tire and put my bike in the back. Someday, I may need to get a bike carrier. This is what happens when you increase your days of riding. It's a good problem.
I have tried, and I have tried, and I have tried some more to get a decent picture of myself riding. I think this one is pretty good. The background is blurred with "speed" and I am in focus. Now, about the goofy look...I can't fix that one.

Have a great rest of the week and enjoy the weekend my friends. Stay safe in your training (biking, running, swimming) and in your travels.

-------------------------------------------------

If you could help, no amount is too small, please visit: Go Fund Me.

Comments